Monday 3 August 2020

World Ultimate Frisbee Championship - Heilbronn 2000 (ii)

The tournament`s opening ceremony was in the afternoon of Saturday 5th August. Since I was living in the UK at the time, I somehow managed to join the British team on their trip which really simplified my travel arrangements. I drove to London on Friday evening, staying a few hours in the flat of a friend of a friend until we got on a taxi to Heathrow in the wee hours of Saturday. Once in Germany, someone had arranged a bus from the airport to Heilbronn.

Incidentally, this was the first time for me in Germany (except for a couple of airport transfers in Frankfurt en route to and from Moscow a few years earlier). Little I knew then that I would end up moving to Berlin the following year.

Regarding the seedings and the initial round robin schedule see below. Games were finished at 15 points or at a given time. On our first day, we managed to score just 2 points against GB, however one of points was by one of the women in our team, I cannot remember who. I remember though that someone in the British team got really annoyed about that. No idea about the score with Denmark in the afternoon.

For the second day, the then world champions, Canada, had an early training session with us (15-0) and then in the afternoon we finally managed to win a game, 7-15 against Taiwan. That was on Monday 7th August 2000.




2 comments:

Espiau said...

Aquí te dejo los resultados de España en el mundial:

https://ultiarchive.com/teams/spain/years/2000

JC said...

Gracias!, hay otro post preparado para el día 7 con más detalles, pero me alegro mucho de ver que mis notas eran correctas!