Friday 11 December 2020

Advent of Code 2020

For the second year running, I am giving a try to Advent of Code. Last year I got 18 stars in the first 10 days. So far, so good as this year I am already at 22 in the first 11 days, but I assume this is where it will get more tricky and I will run out of time (and more likely brain power) to solve the daily puzzles.

This year I did not get to do much coding at work, so this is like an end of year private treat to myself. Advent of Code is a superb learning experience and even if I am far away from the real pros, I think about it in the same way I do about running from time to time.

The one other thing that dawned on me is that I probably approach reading other people´s code as other people may approach reading poetry or sheet music.  



No comments: