Friday 7 August 2020

WUGC Heilbronn 2000 - España

We played ten games that week, four from the initial round robin on Sunday and Monday, then on Tuesday we lost against Italy and won against Ireland, 13-15 on a really tight game. On Wednesday we lost against both Netherlands and Russia and then also against South Africa on Thursday. We played one final game on Saturday against Taiwan again, 15-6 for us. Of course I could not remember any of this twenty years later, but I found an old agenda in which I had scribbled the games and the results, hopefully they are accurate. (edit: Espiau pointed me to the scores)

In between games, there were also training sessions, not to forget the parties. All in all, although I was reasonably fit twenty years ago, by the end of the week I was so intensely tired that there is a photo of me sleeping while "watching" the final game in the "stadium" between USA and Sweden.
 
Team España
Albert, Curt, Eric, Gabriel, Kaleen, Óscar, María José, Miquel, Peter, Rocky, Sofía, Stratton, Tim, Tino, Ignacio, Luis Alberto, Francisco, Juan Carlos, José

After one of the games with Taiwan

1 comment:

Espiau said...

¡Qué grandes fotos! Algunos todavía juegan, Tim de Bravas, sigue al pie del cañón, con sus dos niños listos para la cantera.