Saturday 31 December 2011

2011 Wrap up

All in all, 2011 has been a good year. Professionally I joined a different group in January and had the opportunity to learn a lot literally from day one. I also had the opportunity obligation to do a bit of unexpected travelling, for example to New York, Tokyo and Christchurch, marking the first time for me to travel around the world. And then there was the holidays to add to this. No wonder the number of posts this year is an all time high. I hope quality did not suffer because of quantity. In the middle of everything else, I found time to organise my second exhibition which, if everything goes according to plan, will have a rerun in El Toboso later in 2012.


The new year starts pretty much the same. My job has new challenges and new opportunities, never a place to get bored. I have a business trip to New Zealand planned for January. As usual, many things can change, but if it actually happens, I should be able to find the time to take the photos I could not take last time. And from experience, there will be other trips during the year and I am looking forward to it.


However, as you know, this is all secondary, and the only things I wish for the new year for me and my family are health, harmony and love. You can never have enough of these.


In case you are wondering, the photo on this post was selected by my sister.


El 2011 ha sido un buen año, tanto en lo personal como en lo profesional. Por un lado mi nuevo trabajo, aunque parecido al anterior, me ha dado la oportunidad de hacer unos pocos viajes, con Nueva York, Tokyo y Nueva Zelanda en un lugar prominente de la lista. Pocos pero interesantes, brindándome incluso la oportunidad de dar mi primera vuelta al mundo. Si añades las vacaciones, no es de extrañar que el número de entradas de este año haya sido el más alto de la corta historia de este blog que ahora se acerca a los cinco años de vida. También encontré el tiempo para preparar mi segunda exhibición en Berlín, que tuvo una acogida favorable entre los amigos que vieron las fotos. Por casualidades de la vida, las fotos se volverán a exponer en el 2012, esta vez en su lugar de origen, El Toboso.

El nuevo año empieza más o menos de forma similar, con un viaje a Nueva Zelanda planeado en enero. Si finalmente voy otra vez a Christchurch, espero tener un poco más de tiempo disponible para tomar más fotos. De todas formas, la experiencia me dice que habrá más oportunidades para viajar por motivos de trabajo y es algo que me apetece bastante de vez en cuando.

Aunque todo esto es importante, lo que le pido al 2012 no son más y mejores fotos, sino salud, armonía y amor para mi familia. Nunca se tiene bastante de estas cosas.

La foto que acompaña esta foto ha sido seleccionada por mi hermana.

2 comments:

Vivianne said...

Excelente elección, felicidades!!!!

Kety said...

De acuerdo con lo que dices, sobre todo en el tercer párrafo; Salud, armonía y amor.
Que no falte en el 2012

Besos