Thursday 22 December 2022

Photos in 2022


Deciding which photos are "best" is always a difficult task. On the other hand, checking which ones got more likes in IG is dead easy. I post a mix of new and old photos, and from the ones taken in 2022, these are the photos with most likes (around 15 likes each, give or take).

The trick is that the amount of likes is more or less proportional to the number of people which your photos are shown to, which in turn depends on the hashtags you use. If, like me, you don´t use hashtags often, very few people will see your photos. For B&W photos I have a set of three hashtags which I use regularly, #streetphotography, #blackandwhite and #blackandwhitephotography, and not surprisingly these are the photos which get most likes. More hashtags, more likes, but also more time required each day and since I only spent a couple of minutes each morning to post a photo, I just cannot be bothered with the whole game.

No comments: